Grimming-Donnersbachtal

Parish church

Tour description

According to tradition, the parish church of St. George was consecrated on 17 July 1130. Three naves of this Romanesque building are still preserved. The aisles have the characteristic semicircular aspids.

In the northern aisle, which is higher than the southern aisle, there is a gallery with an altar to the Virgin Mary. This gallery can be entered at ground level through its own entrance (in the direction of the parish courtyard). From here you can also reach the tower's chimney.

The burial hall of the Counts Lamberg was built onto the west façade in 1904. A special feature is the west portal with the Romanesque door leaf, which bears spirals of wrought iron to ward off evil spirits.


The tour

Tour characteristics

Map, elevation profile & further information

Wheather predicition

today
24.08.2026
Mountain 16 °C
Valley 25 °C
Precipitation
Probability
50 %
Amount
0.8 l/m²
Wind speed
Süd
10 km / h
Sun
Sun hours
8.7 h
Sunrise
06:11 o clock
Sunset
20:00 o clock

Mostly sunny in the morning, becoming cloudy during the day. Thunderstorms will be likely towards evening.

tomorrow
25.08.2026
Mountain 16 °C
Valley 23 °C
Precipitation
Probability
80 %
Amount
6.6 l/m²
Wind speed
Südwest
10 km / h
Sun
Sun hours
6.6 h
Sunrise
06:13 o clock
Sunset
19:58 o clock

Dry and fair in the early morning, later frequent thunderstorms.

day after tomorrow
26.08.2026
Mountain 18 °C
Valley 27 °C
Precipitation
Probability
45 %
Amount
0.3 l/m²
Wind speed
Südwest
5 km / h
Sun
Sun hours
10 h
Sunrise
06:14 o clock
Sunset
19:56 o clock

Mostly sunny in the morning, becoming cloudy during the day. Thunderstorms will be likely towards evening.

Tours nearby